The digital pitch is set, the teams and its players are all in battle mode. So it’s a good time to see who the stars of the digital field are, as we enter the second phase of the Indian Premier League (IPL 7).
And we’re doing just that with The Digital Hawk-Eye!
This new series of reports will cover the following points:
The overall conversations for IPL 2014:
- The demographics, states, and countries talking about the league
- The brands that are most talked about online, during the league
- Star players from each team and the volume of online conversations around them
- The most mentioned team hashtags
- Volume of conversations by the fans of each team
- Each team’s social ranking based on their social media score
Here are some interesting statistics from the report:
- There were 2.59 million conversations about IPL 7 during its first phase
- After India, it was Pakistan (with 29.25% of the total conversations from outside India) that saw the maximum conversations about IPL 7
- Pepsi dominated the battle of conversations among brands, grabbing a whopping 91.8% of the total conversations. Hopefully their digital marketing company is reading this! 😀
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni emerged as the master of digital media claiming a sizeable 28.45% of the conversations about top players across teams.
- With 36,252 conversations around #WhistlePodu, Chennai Super Kings dominated the trend charts on Twitter.
- Mumbai Indians rank number one in terms of social media ranking. (Ah! If only it was social media marketing league)
It would be interesting to see how the battle on the ground impacts the online battle of conversations for the IPL, its teams, its players, and brands associated with the league.
Our infographic on the Indian Premier League 2014, The Digital Hawk-Eye has some incredible insights! http://www.slideshare.net/Ethinos/the-digital-hawk-eye-ipl2014
Like what you see? Share it and spread the love! Don’t? Tell us what you would like us to change! We’re all ears, and hawk-eyes of course!
Alfred is part of Ethinos’ social media team and helps clients with effective social media strategies.