With over 402 million internet users in India, it should not come as a surprise that an ET report predicted spends worth INR 25,000 crore during the online festive shopping. After the sales ended, Amazon recorded a sale of 15 million units. In a TOI report they said that 65% of their orders came from the Tier II cities of India. No wonder, rural India is predicted to have 315 million users by 2020!
Some other impactful numbers that are worth your attention:
- Ajio wins gold as the top shopping app in the subcontinent while Amazon had to settle for silver
- Over 220 million people use smartphones in India
- There was an 85% year-on-year growth in 3G traffic in 2015, which continues to surge
- 143 million Indians use Facebook, with Delhi having the maximum number of users
- Indians are warming up to Instagram with over 12 million users
- 5 million LinkedIn users fall under the age bracket of 25-34
- P V Sindhu ruled our hearts and Twitter trends by being the most trending Indian Olympics Player
Let us know in the comments section what other areas would you like to be covered in the next edition of Snapshot of Digital India.
Marketer, Maven, Mentor. 3 Ms that define Siddharth Hegde, a.k.a. Sidd, Managing Director of the effervescent and ebullient Digital Marketing Agency, Ethinos. He tucks in over 18 years of sales & marketing experience under his belt, gathered from Fortune 500 and other inspiring companies that he has worked with. Sidd is a technology zealot since almost two decades, keenly tracking the interplay between technology, design, and usability across products and services. He brings to the table an industry understanding & background in digital strategy formulation & implementation. In his free time, he enjoys sailing, scuba diving, white water rafting, trekking, and seeking out the outdoors.