India is creating and recreating world history. Over the past few months, the launch of 104 satellites, the emergence of new-age payment mechanisms, and of course its overall rapid pace of digitalization go down as scintillating performances and achievements in its annals of history. In this special release of Digital India, Ethinos Digital Marketing shares those important numbers and trends for leaders and marketers of India Inc to take cognizance of. To say the least, there are opportunities galore!
Here’s a little glimpse into the report:
- After surging ahead of the USA last year, India continues to have the world’s second largest internet user base at 462 million. Of this, 109 million have been added over the last 12 months, and 43 percent of the total constitutes broadband subscribers.
- Although India’s internet penetration has grown by almost 7 percent over last year, it adds up to just 35 percent, which is the least when compared to the top 5 countries ranking on this parameter, indicating a huge potential for growth – especially in rural markets.
- 75% of all internet users in India fall within the age bracket of 16 to 35 years constituting Millennials and the demographic cohort following it.
- BHIM is now the number 1 app on IOS. Surprised?
- Almost 17% of the worldwide share of time spent on Android apps came from India last year.
- In 2015, 14 percent of the population accessed social media networks. This has grown to almost 19 percent in 2017, with rural India using these networks primarily for consuming news and videos as against their urban counterparts, who use them for being social.
Read the full report to give your marketing plan the best advantage. Besides several interesting nuggets, the report also reveals:
- The number of online shoppers predicted for 2020
- The projected mobile internet user penetration over the next four years
- India’s worldwide rank with respect to its users on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Feel free to share your suggestions on areas you would like to be covered in the next edition of Digital India.
Marketer, Maven, Mentor. 3 Ms that define Siddharth Hegde, a.k.a. Sidd, Managing Director of the effervescent and ebullient Digital Marketing Agency, Ethinos. He tucks in over 18 years of sales & marketing experience under his belt, gathered from Fortune 500 and other inspiring companies that he has worked with. Sidd is a technology zealot since almost two decades, keenly tracking the interplay between technology, design, and usability across products and services. He brings to the table an industry understanding & background in digital strategy formulation & implementation. In his free time, he enjoys sailing, scuba diving, white water rafting, trekking, and seeking out the outdoors.